Learn about Chile`s economy & its role in the Latin American & Asia-Pacific Region following the 2019 APEC Summit in Santiago.
About the GO CHILE & APEC program:
WATCH THIS VIDEO HERE ABOUT APEC 2019 SUMMIT IN CHILE.
Lectures are mainly related to economy and politics of member countries
of APEC. It’s important to mention that there will be some classes about
Chilean culture in order for the participating student to understand Chile’s
reality and immerse themselves in the local culture.
- UNIT 1: Introduction to APEC.
- UNIT 2: Where is the region (Latin America) headed, as opposed to Asia?
- UNIT 3: Bilateral and Multilateral Relations between APEC-member Economies.
- UNIT 4: What are the new challenges and trends for APEC member economies?
- UNIT 5: LANGUAGE: Discovering Spanish.
Lectures provided by UANDES professors and external lecturers such as:
- What is APEC?
- APEC’s legal implications.
- Chile in the APEC and the 2019 Summit.
- What is Pacific Alliance?
- APEC’s political scenario.
- APEC’s cultural challenges.
- Chile in Figures.
- Chile’s Economy.
- The Latin American Passion for Soccer.
- Climate change & sustainable development.
- Upcoming challenges for APEC: technology and beyond.
- Overview of Chilean History.
- Innovation in Chile.
- Higher Education in Chile.
- China’s protagonism in the Region.
- US and China: their economies and the “trade war”.
*Final cultural visits will be confirmed upon availability prior to the program.
Students and young professionals of all academic backgrounds are welcome to participate in this program.