Students will have the opportunity to study through different learning experiences.
CULTURAL VISITS ABOUT IMMERSION IN CHILEAN CULTURE:
- Chilean General Culture.
- Guided tour of La Moneda Presidential Palace, Centro Cultural La Moneda, and downtown Santiago.
- Central Market and La Vega Market.
- Cerro San Cristóbal and Teleférico-Cable Car.
- Santa Lucia Hill, Bellas Artes Museum.
- Lastarria neighborhood.
*Final cultural visits will be confirmed upon availability prior to the program.
EXCURSIONS AND SITE VISITS
During the program, students will have the opportunity to visit interesting places that are directly related to the main topics of the program. For example:
- Mining Companies: Mining is one of the most important industries in Chile and its activities have economic and ecological implications. For that reason, it is important that our students visit a mining site to understand how it works and its effects on the economy, work and climate.
- Innovation and tech companies: Chile has great innovative initiatives, sponsored both by the government through CORFO’s Startup Chile program, and by private investing. Some of our biggest successes are Crystal Lagoons, The Not Company, Linio, and Cornershop. As such, getting to know how innovations succeed in Chile is a main objective in our programs addressing economy and innovation.
- Vineyards: Wine is one of Chile’s most important cultural and economic features, so visiting vineyards is a must-do for students coming for programs that engage both cultural and economic topics.
- Mercado Central: A visit to the Mercado Central (Central Fish Market) helps students immerse themselves in Chilean culture and practice Spanish in an iconic landmark that perfectly represents typical Chilean culture and cuisine.
The students receive master classes from expert professionals with years of experience in their areas of work. The practical knowledge of these experts beautifully complements the theoretical classes provided by UANDES professors.