This intensive Spanish language course aims to improve the student’s language competency as well as provide insight into Chilean and Latin American culture.
The academic content will be presented in four units of study that cover different areas and allow participants to get to know the country and the region while enhancing language skills.
A2: Basic Intensive Spanish Course.
B1: Intermediate Intensive Spanish Course
*The courses will only be imparted if the minimum required number of students is met.
UNITS AND CULTURAL VISITS
Unit I: Chilean Cuisine and Culinary Arts: Central Market and La Vega Market.
Unit II: Chile Origins: Visit to Precolombian Museum and Santa Lucía Hill.
Unit III: Chilean Recent History: La Moneda Presidential Palace.
Unit IV: Chilean Literature Pablo Neruda’s House-Museum La Chascona.
- Lectures and visits are arranged Monday to Thursday from approximately 9:00 am to 13:30 pm.
- Each week will follow a similar format. During the afternoon, students will normally have free time.
- The programs will have a student coordinator or cultural immersion ambassador who will suggest and organize optional activities for the afternoons.
- During the weekends, the group will have free time for personal and touristic interests.
ASSESSMENTS AND EVALUATIONS
- The GO UANDES – Spanish January 2020 program is an academic credit course, which contains 90 contact hours in four weeks. This course stresses learning through experience.
- This class will be student-centered, focused on a particular communication task for each unit.
- The program evaluation will consider 3 items:
Participation (10%): In order to pass, participants must attend at least 90% of the lectures and activities.
Oral presentations (25%).
Homework and classwork (25%).
Spanish grammar exam (40%).
Students and young professionals of all academic backgrounds are welcome to participate in this program.