• Cellular Homeostasis, Immune Response, and Cancer: This research area within the program focuses on studying cellular processes related to the pathogenesis of cancer and immune-related diseases, as well as innovative therapeutic options. It encompasses sub-lines that investigate cellular and molecular aspects involved in (i) modulation of the immune response, and (ii) the development, progression, and treatment response of chronic disorders such as autoimmune diseases, transplant rejection, and cancer. This line of research aims to understand cellular processes related to cancer pathogenesis and immune-related diseases and explore innovative therapeutic approaches.
• Reproductive Biology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine: This research area includes complementary sub-lines aimed at understanding the biology and pathophysiology of women’s reproductive health. It covers studies on (i) molecular aspects and pathophysiological mechanisms of gestational pathologies and potential innovative diagnostic and therapeutic options, (ii) the relationship between oral health (periodontitis) and pregnancy-related disorders, (iii) the influence of nutrition and stress during pregnancy on embryonic development, and (iv) the role of metabolism in female fertility. This area is also connected to the field of Neurosciences and Nervous System Diseases, particularly in neurodevelopmental lines of research, as well as the area of Cellular Therapy.
• Neurosciences and Nervous System Diseases: This research area addresses various aspects related to the pathogenesis of neuro-psychiatric disorders and neurodevelopmental diseases. It encompasses studies on molecular and cellular mechanisms associated with chronic stress/depression, neurodegenerative diseases, genetic and environmental factors related to nervous system development disorders and their consequences.
• Systems Pathophysiology and Biomarkers: This research area includes four sub-lines that investigate the pathophysiology and identification of early diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in (i) pregnancy and maternal-fetal pathologies, (ii) renal and cardiovascular pathologies, (iii) dental pathologies, (iv) speech and hearing disorders, and (v) neuro-psychiatric disorders. The identification of biomarkers allows direct connections with preclinical and clinical research for the translation of laboratory findings into new diagnosis and treatment strategies.
• Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine: This research line/area focuses on two sub-lines: (a) the search for new cellular and molecular pathways to treat human degenerative diseases, and (b) the use of extracellular vesicles in human therapies. The first sub-line investigates mesenchymal stem cells from various sources and their potential for the treatment of inflammatory, cardiovascular, rheumatic, and metabolic diseases. The second sub-line focuses on studying extracellular vesicles from different origins (mesenchymal stem cells) as therapeutic strategies. This line of research is closely linked to the research lines in immune response modulation and the research lines in biomaterials, nanotechnology, and bioengineering, primarily through tissue engineering approaches.
• Biomaterials, Nanotechnology, and Bioengineering: This research area applies a complex approach based on materials science, nanotechnology, and bioengineering to develop applications in tissue engineering, biotechnological products for medicine and dentistry, and food technology. Among these studies are the molecular and biophysical characterization of biopolymers and nanoparticles, the extraction of bioactive compounds from natural products, the development of nanotechnology for drug delivery, and the creation of vascular prostheses and other innovative therapies for medical and dental applications.
|Universität Bayreuth||Bayreuth, Alemania||Alemán – Inglés||www.uni-bayreuth.de|
|Universidad Austral de Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires, Argentina||Español||www.austral.edu.ar|
|Deakin University||Victoria, Australia||Inglés||www.deakin.edu.au|
|Macquarie University||Sydney, Australia||Inglés||www.mq.edu.au|
|Universidad del Rosario||Bogotá, Colombia||Español||www.urosario.edu.co|
|University of Texas San Antonio||Texas, Estados Unidos||Inglés||utsa.edu|
|Universidad Católica de Valencia “San Vicente Martir”||Valencia, España||Español||www.ucv.es|
|Universidad de Oviedo||Oviedo, España||Español||www.uniovi.es|
|Universidad de Salamanca||Salamanca, España||Español||www.usal.es|
|Universidad de Santiago de Compostela||Santiago de Compostela, España||Español – Gallego||www.usc.es|
|Universidad de Vigo||Vigo, España||Español||www.uvigo.es|
|Universidad de Zaragoza||Zaragoza, España||Español||www.unizar.es|
|Universidad Rey Juan Carlos||Madrid, España||Español – Inglés||www.urjc.es|
|Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata||Roma, Italia||Italiano – Inglés||web.uniroma2.it|
|Universitá Roma Tre||Roma, Italia||Italiano||www.uniroma3.it|
|Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey||Monterrey, México||Español||www.itesm.edu|
|George Mason University||Virginia, Estados Unidos||Inglés||www2.gmu.edu|
|University of Bristol||Bristol, Reino Unido||Inglés||www.bristol.ac.uk|
|Universidad de Valladolid||Valladolid, España||Español – Inglés||www.uva.es|
|Stony Brook||Nueva York, Estados Unidos||Inglés||www.stonybrook.edu|